If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.NewHampshire.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Thursday, April 2, 2009

crochet or knit a square

This is to whomever knits or crochets. I receive a couple of crochet and knit newsletters via email. One of them was referring to an knit a square to help kids in South Africa. Don't take what I'm going to day the wrong way, since I think it's a great idea to help kids and others anywhere. But I have yet to see one here, to help people in America.
If any of you have any idea how to do this, and to get the product out to those who need help with blankets or afghans, I wouldn't mind contributing squares, since I do like to crochet sometimes. It would probably be best if we worked on a local level. I know it's spring, but by the time cold weather gets here, it seems to me we should/would have quite a few squares crocheted or knitted. Someone would receive them, and connect all the squares together to make afghans or blankets of various sizes. I would like these to be available to whoever needs them, without having to fill out a bunch of paperwork to get one.
If any of you have an idea, please contact me at scotindin@gmail.com. It shouldn't cost that much to mail the squares out to the person(s) who would then connect them.
Thanks for reading them.
Oh, and on a different note:
Some of the people in office here in NH received 'suspicious' envelopes in the mail. They sent them to labs to be examined. All the envelopes contained tea. They had no idea why anyone would send them tea. TEA = Taxed Enough Already.
I guess they don't watch the news, if they did, they would know about the Tea Party coming April 15, 2009.
I had to laugh when I read the story.
peace,
ravnone1

1 comment:

Humble wife said...

I think that they don't watch FOX news as the main stream media is silent about the tea parties and the very real uprising occurring here in the US.

Kind of funny at their surprise!

New Hampshire PreppersNetwork Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. New Hampshire Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.